This Telex Airman 8 is for Airbus Aircraft and terminates in an Airbus 5-Pin XLR connector (see image above).
The Telex Airman 8 ANR Headset with Airbus XLR 5-Pin Connector is a lightweight noise-reducing headset designed specifically for optimizing pilot communications in commercial and business turbine aircraft. Building on the tradition of the Airman 850, the Airman 8 with Airbus XLR Connector has improved durability, intelligibility, and comfort.
The Airman 8 with Airbus XLR Connector is the lightest Active Noise Reduction headset on the market and the only FAA TSO C139a approved ANR headset to utilize Telex’s proprietary battery-free ANR system. Soft pliable ear cushions and headband pads combine with dual direction ear cup pivots to provide long ﬂight wearing comfort.
- Flexible boom-mounted, noise-reducing microphone, positionable for right- or left-side.
- Lightweight, battery-free ANR with onboard fail-safe to ensure constant communication.
- Soft, pliable ear cushions and headband pads.
- Stainless steel headband and pivot points for superior durability.
- FAA TSO C139a approved.
Note: An active intercom or Hot Mic is needed to fully power the ANR on this headset.
Note: These are not designed for General Aviation / Propeller Aircraft. They are designed for the Commercial Aviation / Corporate Jet market.
The Airman 8 with Airbus XLR Connector features a high-quality amplified electret microphone for clear voice transmission. Improved ANR and microphone noise cancellation ensures superior in-flight communication.
Active Noise Reduction
The Airman 8 with Airbus XLR Connector headset features enhanced ANR (Active Noise Reduction) with even more noise reduction, helping to improve intelligibility and reduce fatigue. The position of the ANR switch has also moved to the forward-facing ear cup side, making it easier to reach the switch without having to remove the headset.
A unique feature of the Airman 8 with Airbus XLR Connector is that it is powered from its microphone system, eliminating the need for batteries or special connectors.
A strong stainless steel headband with metal pivots improves durability for long headset life. The new microphone boom design provides stronger rotation stops, utilizing the full diameter of the ear cup. Furthermore, a pre-coiled overhead cord has been added to extend the useful life of the headset. The main headset cord is also more robust and features an improved design of the band relief on the ear cup entrance.
Comfort and Fit
The soft headband pad and lightweight design provides comfort, even on long flights. An added yoke provides enhanced comfort by allowing ear cup movement in all directions. Furthermore the Airman 8 comes with replaceable ear cup covers and leatherette ear cushions.
An acoustic limiter protects users against sudden increases in sound levels.
FAA TSO Approval
The Airman 8 with Airbus XLR Connector headset is fully FAA TSO C-139a compliant.
The Airman 8 with Airbus XLR Connector is fully compliant to ARINC (Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated) requirements.
- Color: Black and stainless steel
- Cord Length: 6 ft (1.8288 m) [ +/-4in (+/-10cm) ]
- Ear Seals: Leatherette
- FAA TSO Approvals: C-139a approved
- Frequency Response: 350-3500 Hz (per RTCA DO-214a)
- Headphone Impedance: 600 Ohm
- Connector Type: Airbus XLR 5-Pin
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 – 10000 Hz (per RTCA DO-214a)
- Microphone Sensitivity: -28 dBV/Pa
- Microphone Type: Noise-canceling amplified electret
- Power: via XLR pin 5 Connector
- Power Requirements: Requires XLR 5 pin Connector to be powered continuously via the panel
- Speaker Sensitivity: 92 +/- 5 dB SPL/mW (per RTCA DO-214a)
- Headphones Type: Dynamic
- Weight: 4.2 oz (119.07 g) (wearing weight)
- Warranty: 3 Years
What's in the Box:
- Telex Airman 8 Headset - Airbus XLR 5-Pin
- Telex Headset Case
- Clothing Clip