Jeppesen's Guided Flight Discovery Instrument/Commercial textbook provides the most complete explanations of aeronautical concepts for pilots pursuing a instrument rating or commercial certificate. This colorful textbook is your primary source for initial study and review. It includes the Principles of Instrument Flight, The Flight Environment, Instrument Charts and Procedures, Aviation Weather and IFR Flight Operations and Commercial Pilot Operations, as well as an introductory look at Building Professional Experience.
The most comprehensive and visually appealing Instrument/Commercial textbook ever! The Instrument/Commercial textbook is your primary source for initial study and review to achieve an instrument rating or commercial pilot certificate. The intuitive organization and colorful presentation of the manual will help you learn quickly from the start. The text contains complete and concise explanations of the advanced concepts and ideas that every instrument and commercial pilot needs to know with the subjects arranged in a logical manner to build upon previously introduced topics. You can expand your knowledge of specific subjects and the world of aviation by exploring the Discovery Insets, which are strategically placed throughout the chapters.
To help you understand how your mind and body function while you fly, human factors principles are presented in Human Element Insets. Throughout the manual, concepts that directly relate to FAA test questions are described in FAA Question Insets. To help you effectively review material, key terms are highlighted throughout the text and listed at the end of each section along with a checklist, which summarizes important concepts. Additionally, you can evaluate your understanding of material by completing the associated questions at the end of each section.
This book includes hundreds of updates based on new FAA Learning Objectives. Some of these updates include: IFR flight planning using Jeppesen Internet Flight Planner; Effects of Airframe Icing on Aircraft Control; ATC Weather Avoidance Assistance; and SRM Terminology.
Intuitive organization and colorful presentation make this manual an essential study aid on your journey to an instrument rating or commercial certificate.
- Principles of instrument flight.
- Flight environment.
- Instrument charts and procedures.
- Aviation weather.
- IFR / commercial pilot operations.
- Introduction to building professional experience.
- Concise and complete explanations of fundamental concepts.
- Subjects build on one another from section to section.
- Strategically-placed Discovery Insets supplement your learning.
- Human Elements Inserts help you understand the mind/body/flight connection.
- FAA Question Insets help you with related test questions.
- Summary checklists at the end of each section.
- Key terms are highlighted throughout.
- Review questions are presented after each section.