NOTE: This is a 'build-your-complete-kit' product!
- You start with the Front and Back Shell Assemblies with Pads (for $170) and choose your color.
- Then you choose a liner for an additional fee.
- Then you can add optional accessories.
Developed specifically for the flight decks of all US aircraft carriers, this David Clark Flight Deck Helmet Kit is a unique bump helmet that provides impact protection while using hearing protectors or noise-attenuating headsets in one of the most hostile environments on earth.
This Ground Support Helmet has three components. You must choose a color for the pieces. Shells are available in white, black, brown, blue, green, red, yellow and purple:
- A Suspension Liner (you must choose one of the Liners above) - this is an additional charge but varies based on your choice above.
- A Front and a Back Shell Assembly, and
- Energy-absorbing Front and Back Impact Pads.
- A "One-Size-Fits-All" helmet liner, constructed of cotton/polyester and nylon mesh, provides excellent ventilation and long-term comfort. A hook & pile fastener chin strap assures easy on and off as well as a snug fit every time. It is available in Khaki. This is NSN # 8415-01-578-6151. Or you may choose:
- A Cloth Helmet Assembly in place of the One-Size-Fits-All liner. This must be chosen in a specific size. It is available in Khaki.
- David Clark Sun/Wind/Dust Goggles (includes one clear plastic lens and one tinted plastic lens)
Optional Hearing Protectors or Headset:
- A David Clark 9AN/2 Hearing Protector (this is not a headset – it is a Hearing Protector Only), OR
- A David Clark 19A Hearing Protector, OR
- A David Clark 10A Hearing Protector