This unit is for 110 Volt U.S. Power sources.
The YAESU FTA-550L Pro-X is an Airband Transceiver with ILS (Localizer Only) and VOR Navigation!
The YAESU FTA-550 is packed with features, yet very affordable. Boasting an oversize full dot matrix LCD display, the FTA-550 Airband Transceiver provides full communication on the Aircraft communications Band and additionally provides VOR and ILS navigation features on the "NAV" band.
The FTA-550 includes NOAA weather band monitoring and the capability of programming up to 200 memory channels with a quick and easy channel recall feature. The brand new easy to operate menu system is icon driven making it simple to navigate through all of the powerful features this transceiver has to offer.
Additionally the FTA-550 can easily be reprogrammed in minutes using the optional PC Programming software and the supplied USB programming cable.
The difference between the FTA-550L and the FTA-550 AA:
- The FTA-550L comes with a Lithium-Ion Rechargeable battery and an Alkaline Battery Tray.
- The FTA-550 AA only comes with the Alkaline Battery Tray (it does not include a Rechargeable Battery although you can buy one later if you like).
Easy to Operate Menu system
The FTA-550 comes configured with an easy to operate icon driven menu system. The displays and menu settings are logically configured for a more intuitive user interface.
Huge Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
The FTA-550 features a huge 1.7" x 1.7" full dot matric LCD display with full backlight and dimmer. The high resolution display makes it easier to view all the great features the FTA-550 has to offer.
VOR Navigation Display
When the FTA-550 receives a VOR signal, the display will automatically switch to the NAV band screen which shows a CDI based on the received signal.
200 Memory channels with up to 15 Alphanumeric characters
The FTA-550 can store up to 200 Memory channels for quick and easy retrieval. With the capability of using up to 15 Alphanumeric characters per name the FTA-550 allows for a better channel description.
- 5 Watts TX Output Power (Airband: AM 5W P.E.P. type, 1.5W carrier)
- Huge 1.7” x 1.7” Full-Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
- ILS Navigation Display (Localizer)
- VOR Navigation Display
- Easy to operate menu system
- NOAA Weather Channel Receive (U.S.A. Version Only)
- NOAA Weather Alert (U.S.A. Version Only)
- 200 Memory Channels with 15 alphanumeric characters
- Back-lit Keypad and Display with Dimmer
- Water Protection – IPX5 Rating
- Loud Audio (800 mW)
- High-Capacity Li-Ion Battery Pack (7.4 V 1800 mAh)
- Alkaline Battery Tray (AA x 6)
- Complies with Mil Spec: MIL-STD-810F
- Updated Scan Band selection:
- “ALL BAND” scans both COM and NAV bands between 108.00MHz and 136.975MHz
- “COM BAND” scans the COM band between 118.00MHz and 136.975MHz
- “NAV BAND” scans the NAV band between 108.000MHz and 117.975 MHz
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz / 8.33 kHz
What’s in the Box:
- FTA-550L Transceiver
- Li-Ion battery
- 110V AC Charger
- Charging Cradle
- 12VDC charger (cigarette Lighter Adapter)
- Ferrite Core
- Alkaline battery tray
- Belt clip
- Headset adapter
- USB programming cable