The YAESU FTA-550 AA Pro-X is an Airband Transceiver with ILS (Localizer Only) and VOR Navigation!
The YAESU FTA-550 is packed with features, yet very affordable. Boasting an oversize full dot matrix LCD display, the FTA-550 Airband Transceiver provides full communication on the Aircraft communications Band and additionally provides VOR and ILS navigation features on the "NAV" band.
The FTA-550 includes NOAA weather band monitoring (in the United States) and the capability of programming up to 200 memory channels with a quick and easy channel recall feature. The brand new easy-to-operate menu system is icon driven making it simple to navigate through all of the powerful features this transceiver has to offer.
Additionally the FTA-550 can easily be reprogrammed in minutes using optional PC Programming software and the supplied USB programming cable.
The difference between the FTA-550 AA and the FTA-550L:
- The FTA-550 AA comes with an Alkaline Battery Tray (it does not include a Rechargeable Battery although you can buy one later if you like).
- The FTA-550L comes with a Lithium-Ion Rechargeable battery and an Alkaline Battery Tray.
Easy to Operate Menu system
The FTA-550 comes configured with an easy to operate icon driven menu system. The displays and menu settings are logically configured for a more intuitive user interface.
Huge Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
The FTA-550 features a huge 1.7" x 1.7" full dot matric LCD display with full backlight and dimmer. The high resolution display makes it easier to view all the great features the FTA-550 has to offer.
VOR Navigation Display
When the FTA-550 receives a VOR signal, the display will automatically switch to the NAV band screen which shows a CDI based on the received signal.
200 Memory channels with up to 15 Alphanumeric characters
The FTA-550 can store up to 200 Memory channels for quick and easy retrieval. With the capability of using up to 15 Alphanumeric characters per name the FTA-550 allows for a better channel description.
- 5 Watts TX Output Power (Airband: AM 5W P.E.P. type, 1.5W carrier)
- Huge 1.7” x 1.7” Full-Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
- ILS Navigation Display (Localizer)
- VOR Navigation Display
- Easy to operate menu system
- NOAA Weather Channel Receive (U.S.A. Only)
- NOAA Weather Alert (U.S.A. Only)
- 200 Memory Channels with 15 alphanumeric characters
- Back-lit Keypad and Display with Dimmer
- Water Protection – IPX5 Rating
- Loud Audio (800 mW)
- Alkaline Battery Tray (AA x 6)
- Updated Scan Band selection:
- “ALL BAND” scans both COM and NAV bands between 108.00MHz and 136.975MHz
- “COM BAND” scans the COM band between 118.00MHz and 136.975MHz
- “NAV BAND” scans the NAV band between 108.000MHz and 117.975 MHz
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz / 8.33 kHz
What’s in the Box:
- FTA-550 AA Transceiver
- 12VDC Power Cable (Cigarette Lighter Adapter)
- Ferrite Core
- Alkaline battery tray
- Belt clip
- Headset adapter
- USB programming cable