The YAESU FTA-550 AA Pro-X is an Airband Transceiver with ILS (Localizer Only) and VOR Navigation!
The YAESU FTA-550 is packed with features, yet very affordable. Boasting an oversize full dot matrix LCD display, the FTA-550 Airband Transceiver provides full communication on the Aircraft communications Band and additionally provides VOR and ILS navigation features on the "NAV" band.
The FTA-550 includes NOAA weather band monitoring (in the United States) and the capability of programming up to 200 memory channels with a quick and easy channel recall feature. The brand new easy-to-operate menu system is icon driven making it simple to navigate through all of the powerful features this transceiver has to offer.
Additionally the FTA-550 can easily be reprogrammed in minutes using optional PC Programming software and the supplied USB programming cable.
The difference between the FTA-550 AA and the FTA-550L:
- The FTA-550 AA comes with an Alkaline Battery Tray (it does not include a Rechargeable Battery although you can buy one later if you like).
- The FTA-550L comes with a Lithium-Ion Rechargeable battery and an Alkaline Battery Tray.
Easy to Operate Menu system
The FTA-550 comes configured with an easy to operate icon driven menu system. The displays and menu settings are logically configured for a more intuitive user interface.
Huge Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
The FTA-550 features a huge 1.7" x 1.7" full dot matric LCD display with full backlight and dimmer. The high resolution display makes it easier to view all the great features the FTA-550 has to offer.
VOR Navigation Display
When the FTA-550 receives a VOR signal, the display will automatically switch to the NAV band screen which shows a CDI based on the received signal.
200 Memory channels with up to 15 Alphanumeric characters
The FTA-550 can store up to 200 Memory channels for quick and easy retrieval. With the capability of using up to 15 Alphanumeric characters per name the FTA-550 allows for a better channel description.
- 5 Watts TX Output Power (Airband: AM 5W P.E.P. type, 1.5W carrier)
- Huge 1.7” x 1.7” Full-Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
- ILS Navigation Display (Localizer)
- VOR Navigation Display
- Easy to operate menu system
- NOAA Weather Channel Receive (U.S.A. Only)
- NOAA Weather Alert (U.S.A. Only)
- 200 Memory Channels with 15 alphanumeric characters
- Back-lit Keypad and Display with Dimmer
- Water Protection – IPX5 Rating
- Loud Audio (800 mW)
- Alkaline Battery Tray (AA x 6)
- Updated Scan Band selection:
- “ALL BAND” scans both COM and NAV bands between 108.00MHz and 136.975MHz
- “COM BAND” scans the COM band between 118.00MHz and 136.975MHz
- “NAV BAND” scans the NAV band between 108.000MHz and 117.975 MHz
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz / 8.33 kHz
What’s in the Box:
- FTA-550 AA Transceiver
- 12VDC Power Cable (Cigarette Lighter Adapter)
- Ferrite Core
- Alkaline battery tray
- Belt clip
- Headset adapter
- USB programming cable
Marv has had a 30-Day Return Policy for over 30 years!
If you’re not satisfied, we’ll refund your money!
Our Customers Say it Best
"This was my first purchase from Marv Golden, but it certainly won't be my last! With their great selection, exceptional customer service, and superb pricing, you really can't go wrong. - Charlie (Cessna 172)"
"Rick spent more time with me than I expected in order to help me select the correct iPad yoke mount for my Aerostar. He even stayed on the phone while I took some measurements in my plane! Above and beyond – will call again in a heartbeat. - Jack (Piper Aerostar, Instrument Pilot)"
"As always, the quality is outstanding, and it was delivered promptly. These are great people and they're always there to help! - JR (Private Pilot)"
"My order shipped very quickly. I highly recommend buying any product from this website. - Dave (CFII)"
"Great prices and great Customer Service at Marv Golden.com! - DJ (Hawker 800)"
"Marv has the best prices and service! - John K (Piper Arrow)"
"Marv Golden Pilot Supplies go above and beyond. I received a brand new release watch at a great price and it was safely delivered half way around the world to country NSW. My first international transaction over the net and was a wee bit anxious but fully satisfied with these guys. 10 stars! - Wiggy (Paramedic Flight Crew)"
"Service, Selection, and Prices were were excellent! Marv's is my new Aviation Store! - Susie (A320)"
For Marv’s full Returns & Exchanges Policies, please click Returns & Exchanges