The Vanquest TRIDENT-20 (Gen-2) backpack is the natural evolution of the popular Javelin™ slingpack into a larger, more versatile backpack. You wear it like a backpack, with the option of quick-access from the side like a slingpack.
TRIDENT-20 (Gen-2) improvements include:
- 0.5" wider to better fit a 15" laptop (MacBook Pro / Air). Total capacity = 1 liter larger,
- Low profile MOLLE-Air structure that's loop-covered for ID patches,
- Taller padded dividers,
- Improved shoulder straps with denser padding.
The new TRIDENT-20 (Gen-2) is 21 liters in total capacity (1 liter larger than the original TRIDENT), with improved shoulder straps, and a removable 2" waist strap. You can now comfortably carry more gear and heavier loads.
Padded main compartment and three dividers provide extra protection for your EDC (everyday carry) items, photography gear, or range gear. A dedicated laptop sleeve that can hold a 15" laptop (MacBook Pro / Air) in a slim cover. You can access the interior from top or left side, and like a slingpack, you can quickly get to your gear by swinging the backpack to your front. Total of 34 pockets and slots to organize your gear.
High-visibility 210-D ripstop nylon interior helps you find things in low-light conditions. Dual hydration system (hydration/CCW compartment, and main compartment) let you carry up to 5 liters of water at once. Hydration hose can be anchored to the left or right shoulder strap.
Low profile MOLLE-Air structure is MOLLE-compatible, and loop-covered for ID patches. Many interior loop fields for CCW and internal organization.
With its genuine 1000-D mil-grade Cordura® fabric (500-D Cordura® on Multicam & Multicam-Black) coated in DuPont® Teflon®, ITW/Duraflex hardware, and lockable YKK® zippers, TRIDENT is a compact day pack ready to handle any tough situations.
TRIDENT is a double-shoulder backpack, so unlike a single-shoulder slingpack, you wear the TRIDENT backpack on both shoulders.
TRIDENT is a double-shoulder backpack, and to access your gear, you can either (1) take the entire backpack off and go through your gear like any other backpack; or (2) swing the backpack to your front like a slingpack, and access the interior from the side zipper opening.
Because of TRIDENT’s asymmetrical design (zipper opening on top and left), you will have to first free your right shoulder, grip the grab handle on the bottom-left of the backpack with your left hand to shift the TRIDENT to your front. This motion will give you access to the backpack with its left zipper opening facing you (similar to our bestselling JAVELINs).
- NEW: Loop-Faced MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory & morale patch attachment
- NEW: Added 0.5 inch to width for better fit of 15” MacBook Pro / Air or similar laptops, which adds 1 liter to overall capacity (now 21 liters)
- NEW: Hook & loop closure for interior ripstop pockets in top & bottom front compartments
- NEW: Taller padded dividers (3) now included
- NEW: Slip pocket on exterior of Side Admin compartment
- NEW: Denser padding for shoulder strap and backside for added comfort
- Net Weight: 3.40 pounds | (1000-D Cordura®)
- Total Capacity: 21 Liters
- Overall Exterior Size (Fully Extended): 18" (H) x 11" (W) x 9" (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 17.5" (H) x 10.5" (W) x 5" (D)
- Top Front Compartment (Interior): 4.5" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 2" (D)
- Bottom Front Compartment (Interior): 11.25" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 2" (D)
- Rear Hydration / CCW Compartment (Interior): 17” (H) x 10” (W)
- Side Admin Compartment (Interior): 10 (H) x 3.75 (W)
- Slip pocket on outside of Side Admin Compartment: 8" (H) x 4" (W)
- Padded sleeve for tablet or laptop up to 15” (max. size 16” W x 10” D)
- High-visibility, lightweight 210-D Ripstop Nylon interior
- Total 34 organizing compartments and slots
- MOLLE/PALS webbings for accessory attachment
- 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric with water-repellent Teflon® fabric protector by DuPont® (500-D Mil-grade Cordura® on Multicam & Multicam-Black)
- Genuine MADE-IN-USA MultiCam® & MultiCam-Black Cordura® by Crye Precision™
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection
- Lightweight MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory attachment
- MOLLE-compatible attachment system with PALS webbing
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer
- Circular zipper loops made of paracord
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread