You have no items in your shopping cart.
The ATIS Wheel™ is a mechanical device designed to help the airplane pilot in recording all ATIS information while presenting the data as a graphic depiction.
The ATIS Wheel™ is available in two formats: 5.5" x 8.5" (Standard) and 3.5" x 5.5" (Pro).
The ATIS Wheel™ - Standard has 7 punched holes on its left side making it conveniently compatible with Jeppesen™ or similar flight binders.
The ATIS Wheel™ - Pro is designed to fit into a shirt pocket.
Each comes with seven individual wheels positioned about the perimeter of the device along with two concentric wheels positioned in the center. Each wheel’s topic coincides with the sequential information reported in the airport terminal area’s ATIS broadcast. Once the information is entered onto the ATIS Wheel™, this displayed information is now available to the pilot for continued reference without the possibility of transcription error or forgetting the pertinent ATIS data.
The Atis Wheel™ provides the pilot the following data:
- The ATIS information phonetic letter identifying this specific ATIS report, named sequentially after a phonetic letter of the alphabet.
- The TIME the ATIS information was recorded - in ZULU (GMT) time.
- The DIRECTION from which the wind is blowing
- The VELOCITY of the wind, and wind GUSTS, if any
- The VISIBILITY and SKY condition
- The CEILING of the sky (if any) and cloud height, if OVERCAST
- The TEMPERATURE and DEW POINT
- The RUNWAY in use for LANDING and TAKEOFF
- The instrument APPROACH in use for landing
- The BAROMETRIC pressure, in order to calibrate the altimeter
- Additional tower comments (i.e., notice of closed taxies, etc)
Additionally offered on the Atis Wheel™ (though not offered in the ATIS broadcast) is an input on a wheel to display the airport FIELD ELEVATION, critical for instrument approaches. The Atis Wheel ™ also displays clearly the visual relationship between the wind direction and the active runway, informing the pilot as to the pending cross wind takeoff and landing situation.
|Part #||03309361888, 03309361777|