The Telex Airman 7 with 2-Plugs is a lightweight headset with boom microphone designed specifically for optimizing pilot communications in commercial and business turbine aircraft. Building on the tradition of the Airman 750, the Airman 7 has improved durability, intelligibility, and comfort. Soft pliable ear cushions and headband pads combine with dual direction ear cup pivots to provide long ﬂight wearing comfort.
This Telex Airman 7 is a 2-Plug, 150 Ohm Headset. If you fly a 2-Plug Airbus Aircraft, please see the Airman 7 for 2-Plug Airbus product at right. That Headset is 600 Ohms.
This Headset does NOT come with a Headset Case. We recommend an optional Case above.
This Headset comes with open-cell Foam Earseals. Telex Leatherette Earseals are available as an option, above.
- Flexible boom-mounted microphone, positionable for right or left-side use
- Soft, pliable ear cushions and headband pads
- FAA TSO C-139a approved
Note: These are not designed for General Aviation / Propeller Aircraft. They are designed for the Commercial Aviation / Corporate Jet market.
The Airman 7 features a high-quality amplified electret microphone for clear voice transmission.
A strong stainless steel headband with metal pivots improves durability for long headset life. The new microphone boom design provides stronger rotation stops, utilizing the full diameter of the ear cup. Furthermore, a pre-coiled overhead cord has been added to extend the useful life of the headset. The main headset cord is also more robust and features an improved design of the band relief on the ear cup entrance.
Comfort and Fit
The soft headband pad and lightweight design provides comfort, even on long flights. An added yoke provides enhanced comfort by allowing ear cup movement in all directions. Furthermore the Airman 7 comes with replaceable ear cup covers.
An acoustic limiter protects users against sudden increases in sound levels.
FAA TSO Approval
The Airman 7 headset is fully FAA TSO C-139a compliant.
The Airman 7 is fully compliant to ARINC (Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated) requirements.
- Color: Black and stainless steel
- Cord Length: 6 ft (1.8288 m)
- Ear Seals: Foam
- FAA TSO Approvals: C-139a approved
- Frequency Response: 350-3500 Hz (per RTCA DO-214a)
- Headphone Impedance: 150 Ohm
- Connector Type: Standard 2-Plug PJ Connectors
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 – 10000 Hz (per RTCA DO-214a)
- Microphone Sensitivity: -28 dBV/Pa
- Microphone Type: Noise-canceling amplified electret
- Speaker Sensitivity: 92 – 98 +/-5 dB SPL/mW (depending on model)
- Weight: 3.3 oz (93.55 g) (wearing weight)
- Warranty: 3 Years
What's in the Box:
- Telex Airman 7 Headset - 2-Plugs
- Clothing Clip