You have no items in your shopping cart.
For ebook information and compatibility, please click here.
ATPL Training Manual 10: Navigation 1 - General Navigation deals with every aspect of classical air navigation - from basic pilot navigation to advanced plotting. The many colored diagrams and maps will help the future professional pilot to master this absorbing subject which many students, in the past, have found to be the greatest hurdle to passing the ATPL theoretical examinations.
The Oxford Aviation ATPL Training Manual series meets the requirements of the JAR-FCL theoretical knowledge syllabus for the Air Transport Pilot License and complies with the ATPL learning Objectives published by the JAA.
Table of Contents:
- Direction, Latitude and Longitude
- Great Circles, Rhumb Lines and Directions on the Earth
- Earth Magnetism
- The Navigation Computer – Slide Rule Face
- The Navigation Computer – Distance, Speed, Time and Conversions
- The Navigation Computer – TAS and Altitude Conversions
- The Navigation Computer – Triangle of Velocities
- The Navigation Computer – Wind Finding and Calculation of Heading
- The Navigation Computer – Multi-Drift Winds and Wind Components
- The 1 in 60 Rule
- Navigation using the 1 in 60 Rule
- Other Applications of the 1 in 60 Rule
- Topographical Maps and Map Reading
- Convergency and Conversion Angle
- General Chart Properties
- Mercator Charts – Properties
- Mercator Charts – Scale
- Mercator Charts – Plotting
- Lambert’s Conformal Chart
- The Polar Stereographic Chart
- Transverse and Oblique Mercator Charts
- Time Critical Point (CP) and Point of No Return (PNR)
- Gridded Charts
- The Direct Indicating Compass
- Remote Indicating Magnetic Compass
- Aircraft Magnetism
- Inertial Navigation System
- Inertial Reference System
- Flight Management System
- General Navigation Problems
- Revision Questions
eBook File & Compatibility Information:
|File Type:||Secure Adobe PDF format (.ascm)|
|System Reqs:||Windows, Macintosh, iPad|
Ebook Downloads may not be available immediately. They may take up to one business day to process. Orders placed on Friday evening will not be processed until Monday.
|Manufacturer||Oxford Aviation Media|