Now holds an iPad Mini! New Special Low Price!
We now include two small foam inserts that you can place under the clips to enable you to hold an iPad Mini securely without fear of damage!
Model A1-MC - Designed for general aviation aircraft without a center stick, including most Beech, Cessna, Piper aircraft and more. Technically, the Model A1-MC is a tri-fold design with a reduced size "mini-cover" on the left side, that supports the contents of the ring binder, but doesn't get in the way.
The A1-MC can also be used as a simple clipboard for preflight checks when closed. The A1-MC is 9" long by 8" wide, and has a width, when fully open of around 16".
Standard 1”, 7-Ring Binder: (for Jeppesen or NACO / NOS use)
- Accepts Jeppesen approach charts directly or within 7-hole punched sheet protectors,
- Accepts NOS terminal procedures and folded charts in 7-hole punched chart pockets,
- VFR sectional charts can be pre-folded and inserted into chart pockets with end exposed,
- NOS booklets and other bulky items can be secured in-flight with elastic hold downs,
Fold-Out, Self-Supported Writing Surface:
- Allows pilot to flip through charts and use self-supported writing surface simultaneously,
- Writing surface can be quickly folded out of the way when necessary (verify prior to flight),
- Clip on top and 1/8” elastic cord on bottom secure papers from wind gusts or prop draft,
- Velcro wrapped pencil and corresponding Velcro strip provides quick, secure access,
- Unit can be customized with additional Velcro (not included).
Versatile Usage Based on Needs and Space Available:
- Hinged writing surface and outside cover can be individually opened or closed,
- Base can be used on left or right thighs or comfortably held between thighs depending upon cockpit requirements,
- Unit can be flipped for left-handed pilots,
- Unit can be used as a simple clipboard, when in the closed, compact position.
Unique Base Design:
- Curved shape and foam padding helps unit stay in place on a thigh or a desktop,
- Provides low-profile clearance under yoke when unit is open,
- Elastic strap and quick release buckles comfortably secure unit to thigh if needed.
Utility Holder and Sharpener in Base:
- Elastic holder can be used to secure a mini flashlight (not included) or gooseneck light (not included) to illuminate charts during night flights,
- Elastic holder can also secure a spare pencil or pen (not included),
- Built-in, aluminum pencil sharpener with replaceable blade can be a lifesaver.
- When closed, units measure 9"L x 8"W x 2.75"H (Multi-Boards are 10"L),
- Unit can stow alongside 2” Jeppesen Airway Manuals in flight bags or chart cases,
- Thigh strap is used to secure cover from inadvertent opening when carrying or storing.
High Quality Materials and Finish:
- .050” Aluminum, powder coated & silk-screened for durability and professional appearance.
Each Unit also Includes:
- (3) Chart Pockets (additional Chart Pockets available on this site and through pilot shops)
- Customizable IFR Quick Reference / Memory Aid available as a free download
- (1) Velcro-wrapped pencil
Some pilots have the impression that they must use Jeppesen IFR charts to properly utilize the tri-fold ORGA-KNEE-ZER models. This is not the case. Although the 7-ring binder is ideal for pre-punched Jeppesen products, the chart pockets, writing pad/clip areas and elastic cord areas of the ORGA-KNEE-ZER were designed to accommodate both Jeppesen and NACO/NOS chart types, IFR or VFR.