You have no items in your shopping cart.
Get ready to take flight as two certified flight instructors guide you through the pilot ratings as it is done in the real world, starting with Sport Pilot training, then Private Pilot, followed by the Instrument Rating, Commercial Pilot, and Air Transport Pilot.
They cover the skills of flight, how to master Flight Simulator, and how to use the software as a learning tool towards your pilot’s license. More advanced topics demonstrate how Flight Simulator X can be used as a continuing learning tool and how to simulate real-world emergencies.
Aspiring pilots will learn the skills of flight, how to master Flight Simulator, and how to utilize the software as a learning tool towards their pilot’s licenses. Those who already have their real-world wings will benefit from guidance on how Flight Simulator X can be used as a continuing learning tool, how to simulate real-world emergencies, and how to use it for training towards advanced certifications.
And those who favor simulation to real-world flying will find tips for making their sim experience as real as possible.
This book is packed with detailed information on using Flight Simulator X for training, including:
- Introduction to flight operations
- The fundamentals of aircraft control and flight
- Performance takeoffs and landings
- Airport operations and working with air traffic control
- Radio navigation with traditional avionics and glass-cockpit technology
- Instrument approaches, including the use of GPS and glass-cockpits
- Commercial flight maneuvers
- Emergency situations you can safely experience only in a simulator
- Piloting high-performance aircraft and jets
- Using multiplayer and shared cockpits for realistic air traffic control and training and more...
|Author||Jeff Van West and Kevin Lane-Cummings|