The Lightspeed Zulu PFX – Personal Flying Experience ANR Headset
The Lightspeed Zulu PFX ANR Headset features a dynamic digital ANR that continuously adapts to your environment, extending the amount, consistency, and frequency range of noise cancellation. Acoustic response mapping measures your unique auditory landscape, adapting the audio response to your ear shape and size for maximum noise attenuation, voice clarity, and music fidelity. Lightspeed's proprietary PFX technology creates a uniquely personal flying experience by actively conforming to your ears, your environment, and your preferences.
Personal preferences can be set using the enhanced capabilities in FlightLink, the proprietary app developed by Lightspeed.
Of course, Zulu PFX also includes the award-winning comfort and advanced features that have made the Zulu family the choice of pilots around the world—now made even better.
- Ultimate quiet and clarity — The proprietary innovations and advanced features in Zulu PFX work in concert to deliver astounding clarity and the world's quietest headset.
- Comfort — Based on the LightComfort™ design made famous by Zulu.2, Zulu PFX features soft ear seals, exceptional fit, and a head-friendly 14 ounces.
- Durability — Rugged cables, constructed of silver-coated copper alloy wrapped around a Kevlar core, deliver extraordinary flexibility, strength, and audio quality.
- Bluetooth connectivity — Not only does Zulu PFX's full-function Bluetooth connectivity provide enhanced sound quality for voice, music or compatible audio devices, the FlightLink in-cockpit recording function in now Bluetooth compatible.
- Enhanced FlightLink capabilities — With Zulu PFX, FlightLink not only seamlessly captures cockpit communications for instant playback or later retrieval, it also allows users to set a variety of personal audio and operational preferences.
- Music fidelity — The Front Row Center™ feature is enhanced by advanced digital processing, creating remarkable, concert-class fidelity and a simulated 360-degree music experience.
- Auto Shutoff™ — In Zulu PFX, Lightspeed's proprietary Auto Shutoff feature is enhanced with increased sensitivity and user selected shut-off delay, saving even more battery life by automatically shutting down the headset power when not in use.
- Cell phone / music connection — The integrated control box auxiliary input for connecting a cell phone, music player or other audio device now has controls for bass, treble, and intercom priority, thanks to the enhanced capabilities in FlightLink.
- Stereo or mono — Match audio panel inputs with a quick switch to stereo or mono using the new, easy-to-access external switch.
- Firmware upgradability — Firmware updates are just a download away, giving Zulu PFX unlimited potential to evolve with new software innovations.
- Meets or Exceeds all listed TSO Standards
What’s in the Box:
- Custom Molded Carrying Case
- Cell/Music patch cord
- CPU Mounting Hook (for battery box)
- Cord Clip
- 4 AA Batteries
- Foam Windscreen
Zulu PFX features FlightLink!
FlightLink is the first in-flight cockpit recording application for the Apple iPad and iPhone. The free FlightLink app works seamlessly with Lightspeed PFX headsets to capture and retrieve incoming and outgoing communications. Store multiple flight recordings on your device or iTunes account, and enjoy instant playback of Air Traffic Control transmissions. On the iPad, draw notes on the large scratchpad. Easily toggle from other apps to access recordings and notes.
Key Benefits of FlightLink:
- Never miss a vital transmission while in flight
- Immediate replay of ATC calls
- Draw or erase notes or diagrams on the scratchpad with your fingertip
- Permanent archive of all flight communications for post-flight briefing and training
- Valuable tool for flight training at all levels by capturing the intercom communication of instructional flights
Key Features of FlightLink:
- Record all activity over the intercom, including in-bound and out-bound transmissions as well as in-cabin conversation.
- Playback is instantaneous and user-selected. Listen to the prior two seconds or two minutes.
- Store your recording library on your iPhone, iPad, or iTunes account.
- Draw notes, codes, or diagrams on the convenient scratchpad for reference.
Key Features of FlightLink Unique to the PFX:
- Record in-cockpit communications using wired input or Bluetooth
- Voice Clarity option boosts frequencies common in human speech without impacting the quality of music from auxiliary devices
- Customize audio for different aircraft and users
- Fine-tune audio response for maximum clarity
- Set up to three personal audio profiles