The iLevil 3 SW ADS-B, GPS, AHRS is a portable Wireless Integrated Avionics Module “WIAM” that combines the latest in GPS, AHRS, Data Recording and ADS-B technology to bring pilots a progressive backup solution that is both Android and iOS compatible!
This new version now includes the ability to record and save flight information!
The internal WAAS enabled GPS and AHRS provide all the navigation information you need to turn your tablet into a real glass panel and also drive Synthetic Vision Apps and other devices. The Dual Band ADS-B (978/1090MHz) receiver allows you to monitor free inflight weather, METARS, in addition to traffic information, all at your fingertips. This means unparalleled safety and redundancy for the cockpit.
This WIFI enabled system can be connected with up to 10 devices and is compatible with multiple mobile platforms, allowing pilots to choose from a wide range of Apps and devices making this product well suited for General Aviation.
- WAAS GPS (antenna inside)
- Roll, Pitch, Magnetic Heading, Rate of Turn, Inclination, and G-meter data output
- WiFi Access Point (enables +10 devices connected to the same iLevil)
- 978/1090 MHz ADS-B receiver for free in-flight weather and traffic
- Integrated solar panels recharge the batteries over time or extend the standard 5- hour battery to 6 hours on a bright sunny day
- 3-axis gyros, accelerometers and magnetometers professionally calibrated for aviation-grade performance.
- Micro-USB communication for remote firmware updates, data transfer and battery charging
- Automatic ON/OFF operation through 3.5 mm audio jack using regulated 5V
- IN/OUT serial communication (allows data transfer to/from other hardware inside the cockpit, i.e. Zaon traffic, panel mounted EFIS displays)
- Operating temperature: -10° to 60° C (14°-140° F)
- Everything integrated in a small package: 3.2"x4.2"x1.1"
What's in the Box:
- Wireless iLevil 3 SW
- USB to Mini USB cable
- ADS-B Antenna
- Rubber stoppers and rubber pad
- Protective bag
- SD Card
- User Manual
AHRS (Attitude and Heading Reference System)
- No-drift technology: your iLevil is individually and meticulously calibrated for optimal performance to provide un-matched accuracy even during aerobatics.
- Attitude is independent from GPS: provides peace of mind at all times
- No-lag, No-tumble: the AHRS data is refreshed at 14 frames per second, and the maximum rate of turn is 500 deg/sec! Suitable for aerobatic flying
- Drives Synthetic Vision: provides the best calculated pitch, roll and heading information wirelessly to your favorite SV Apps.
- Supports WAAS for better GPS triangulation
- Reliable, accurate GPS signal eliminates GPS dropouts as opposed to tablet GPS
ADS-B receiver (978 MHz/1090 MHz):
- Power efficient design: Maximizes reception while maintaining low power consumption, thus reducing operating temperatures and increasing battery life.
- Super sensitive receiver: No need for remote antennas! Captures weather and traffic information even where the competition simply won’t reach.
- Amazing situational awareness:
- Free in-flight weather information (USA only)
- Air-to-Air traffic from ADS-B out equipped aircraft
- Ground to Air rebroadcast of traffic (USA only)
- Build the panel of your dreams! No other device offers as much compatibility as the iLevil series! You can combine multiple devices simultaneously with your favorite App for redundancy, or different Apps for diversity
- iOS/Android compatible. You are not limited by a specific platform. iLevil is even compatible with wearable technology such as smart watches and Augmented Reality Glasses
- Simple and Elegant, wireless equipment saves you time, space and money by facilitating installation. Forget about the wiring diagrams and complicated harnesses, you can have a jet-like glass cockpit in a matter of minutes
- Charges battery extending run time for an extra hour during flight
- The only WIAM that connects your tablet with your panel
- Using iLevil’s integrated serial ports, data is relayed from panel mounted avionics to tablet and vice versa. This feature allows you to unleash the power of your tablet and gives you access to functionality that otherwise would not be possible with other WIAMs
- These are some of the functionality currently available:
- AutoPilot Flight Following using the latest TruTrak’s technology and Xavion’s Smart Guidance and Autopilot control App
- Engine Information Display when using the Grand Rapid Technology’s EIS
- GPS NMEA output required by ES transponders and ADS-B out equipment
- FLARM and TCAS data relay
- ADS-B weather and traffic display on panel mounted glass cockpits
Fly Straight and Levil:
Levil revolutionized the role of tablets in the cockpit by pioneering the first iPad compatible WIAM. By combining state-of-the-art avionics into a wireless, battery powered platform, Levil provided the gateway for Electronic-Flight-Guides to become more than just a flight planning tool, but a completely independent glass panel in the palm of your hands. Levil has now introduced the iLevil 3 series, the world’s most technologically advanced WIAM yet and the most affordable and reliable way to complete the panel of your dreams.
WIAM, what is it?
Wireless Integrated Avionics Module or WIAM is the new standard acronym established by Levil when referring to WiFi compatible systems that integrate more than one flight instrument, including, but not limited to AHRS, GPS and ADS-B receiver (weather and traffic).
SD Card input, Data Recording
The iLevil 3 introduces Data Recording capabilities with the ability to accept a standard SD memory card which will record and save all of your flight information. This information can be saved in multiple formats (FDR, GPX, and CSV) and can then be transferred into an excel spreadsheet (CSV) to gain a clear picture of your flight (position, airspeed, altitude, attitude, etc.). FDR format recording allows you to replay your flight in a simulator, such as X plane flight simulator. GPX format allows you to view your flight in Google earth.
Optional iLevil RAM Mount:
This RAM mount works perfectly with the iLevil series to facilitate installation. This mount consists of a 3.25" twist lock suction cup base, double socket system and universal spring loaded X-Grip® holder. The suction cup, twist lock base is designed to have a strong hold on glass and non-porous plastic surfaces, making it the ideal mount for your device and provides a calibrating mechanism for the internal AHRS.