The IC-A25N Nav/Com Handheld VHF Transceiver is a Next Generation Icom Air Band Radio with Built-in GPS and Bluetooth. The A25 series is a powerful air band handheld with 6 watts of power and an IP57 waterproof rating; weather cannot stop these radios. The handheld includes a large 2350mAh Li-ion battery, providing a long operating time. The easy-to-use interface and large 2.3-inch LCD display combine to provide stress-free programming and in-flight operation. Built-in Bluetooth, GPS and VOR navigation are features only available in this IC-A25N NAV/COM version.
6 Watts High Radio Frequency (RF) Output Power
For expanded communication coverage, output power has been increased to approximately 6 Watts typical (PEP)/ 1.8 Watts typical (carrier) compared to most Aviation Transceivers at 5 watts.
2.3 inch Large High Visibility LCD
The 2.3 inch large, high-contrast and high visible LCD displays user-friendly, graphic screens and ensures good readability under direct sunlight. The operating frequency in large characters can be recognized at a glance. In addition, the night mode option enables easy viewing in low light conditions.
Often-used functions are assigned to the 10 keypad and you can directly access a desired function. The enlarged flat sheet keypad offers smooth and swift operation.
“Flip-Flop” Channel Recall
The IC-A25N stores the last 10 channels used. You can easily recall those channels by using the directional keys, the channel knob and the 10 keypad. This is convenient for switching between several channels, such as NAV and COM channels. In addition, you can freely edit (replace, delete, change order) the stored recall channels.
Built-in Bluetooth for Hands-Free Operation
A third-party Headset with Bluetooth provides convenient hands-free operation. You can also purchase the optional VS-3 Bluetooth headset, which is a Bluetooth earbud-style headset.
Intelligent Battery with Detailed Battery Status
The supplied BP-288 2350 mAh typical intelligent battery pack, provides up to 10.5 hours of operating time. You can check the condition of the battery pack in the battery status screen. This is very useful for optimum charging and battery health maintenance.
- IP57 dust-protection and waterproof construction (one meter depth for 30 minutes)
- BNC antenna
- 121.5 MHz emergency key
- Priority watch - Scans your "Priority" channel first
- VFO scan, memory channel scan, priority scan
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
- Side tone function enables you to hear your own voice from an external aviation headset
- Internal VOX capability
- 300 memory channels (in 15 memory groups) with 12 character names
- 8.33 kHz channel spacing
- 3-Year Warranty
- Mil Spec: MIL 810G, Meets MIL-STD-810-C, D, E, F
Navigation Functions (for IC-A25N):
VOR Navigation Functions
- The CDI (Course Deviation Indicator) is detailed like a real VOR instrument, and displays any deviation from your course.
- The OBS (Omni Bearing Selector) enables you to change course from the original flight plan.
- The TO-FROM indicator shows the position relationship between your aircraft and the course selected by the OBS.
- The ABSS (Automatic Bearing Set System) function enables you to set the current course as a new course in two simple steps.
Built-in GPS Receiver with Simplified Waypoint NAV
The simplified waypoint NAV guides you to a destination by using current position information from GPS (also GLONASS and SBAS). The waypoint NAV has two functions: Direct-To NAV and Flight Plan NAV. Up to 10 flight plans and 300 waypoints can be memorized in the IC-A25N.
Near Station Search Function
The near station search function assists you in accessing nearby ground stations. The function searches for nearby stations using the station memories that have GPS position information. To use the near station search function, position data and frequencies of the ground stations must be programmed.
Flight Plan with Android/iOS App
Using the RS-AERO1A (Android) or RS-AERO1I (iOS) application, you can make flight plans on an Android/iOS device and import the plan into the IC-A25N via Bluetooth. The following four functions are available: create a flight plan, set Direct-To NAV, display flight plan information and display waypoint information.
What’s in the Box:
- FA-B02AR antenna
- BP-288 Li-ion Battery Pack
- BP-289 Alkaline Battery Pack
- MB-133 belt clip
- BC-224 rapid charging cradle
- BC-123SA100-240 Volt AC adapter for U.S. Plugs
- OPC-2379 headset adapter
- Hand strap