This GPS is for Aviation Use.
The Garmin GLO Portable Aviation GPS is perfect for iPad and Android mobile devices! Using Bluetooth technology, the GLO wirelessly pairs to your mobile device. Just set GLO within range of your mobile device and in moments you’ll be receiving GLO’s position data. The device features up to 12 hours of battery life to keep your position on even the longest trips, and charging GLO between uses is a cinch with the included USB cable or the included 12 / 24 Volt cigarette lighter adapter. The included Garmin Anti-skid Mount keeps the receiver safe on your dash and in full view of satellites.
Navigate with Garmin-caliber GPS data on the mobile device of your choice. GLO brings you the best of both worlds by combining GPS / GLONASS receivers with Bluetooth® technology so you can enjoy precise position information on your iPad, iPhone or Android device.
Accurracy of GPS + GLONASS
GLO can receive position information from both the GPS and the GLONASS satellite constellations, allowing it to connect to up to 24 more satellites than devices that rely on GPS alone. This allows GLO to lock on to satellites approximately 20% faster and remain connected even at high speed. What’s more, GLO updates its position information at 10 times per second – that’s up to 10x more often than the GPS receivers in many mobile devices.
- Bluetooth connection to your mobile device - NOW supports up to 4 Bluetooth connections!
- 12 hour battery life with built-in rechargeable battery
- 20% faster GPS lock-on when using GPS and GLONASS
- The GLO is WAAS Enabled, ensuring incredible accuracy
- 10 times per second update rate
- Works with most mobile devices and aviation apps
- On/Off button is improved to reduce likelihood of accidentally being turned on.
What’s in the Box:
- GLO Portable Aviation GPS
- USB cable for charging the device
- Auxilliary power cable (12v / 24v Cigarette Lighter Adapter)
- Anti-skid dash mount
- Free 6-Month trial of the Garmin Pilot app
Garmin’s Pilot App is an electronic flight bag that help minimize the amount of paper needed for navigation reference in the cockpit. The app comes with IFR high and low enroute charts, VFR sectionals and Garmin FliteCharts®. Optional geo-referenced FliteCharts and SafeTaxi® diagrams are available to assist in navigating approach procedures and unfamiliar airports, and all charts are downloaded to the device for easy access while in flight.