You have no items in your shopping cart.
Special Offer: Get a FREE 8 GB Data Card with your Camera!
The Datatoys AV-HD high definition Aircraft Camera System records video in full 1080P HD, is compact, and loaded with features, and is incredibly easy to use! This kit includes everything you need for a quick and easy way to capture your flight in Full HD. Don't worry about the weather, because the camera and cable are water-proof, rugged, and built for harsh environments!
This is an ideal camera for Students, Pilots, and CFIs!
- This unit comes standard with a “Super Clamp” that will fit on the lip of your glare shield/dash or on an outside strut.
- You may also choose a Suction Mount instead. This can be used on any flat, non-pourous surface. Ideal for a side-window, but will probably not work on the top of your glare shield/dash.
- If you choose to mount this on the outside of your plane, we suggest buying the Aluminum Pro Mount. This is ideal for outside uses.
- Also included is a Headset Audio Cable to record your conversations directly onto the video. The standard cable is for a 2-Plug G.A. Headset. A Helicopter Cable is available for an extra charge.
- High Definition (1080p, 720p, and WVGA) - The AV-HD offers high definition video with three resolution settings.
- Propeller Filtering - The AV-HD features advanced technology to reduce and eliminate the zebra and warped prop effect of most HD camera systems. Included are two prop filters that adapt to the most extreme lighting conditions along with interpolation software that result in the best prop filtering on the market. Users can "tune" the filter to their lighting condition and prop speed using the onboard LCD and the buttons on the AV-HD control unit.
- Headset Audio Recording - When used with the included headset adapter cable, The AV-HD can record all headset audio, including everything you say and ATC transmissions. Optionally users can use the built-in microphone, or external mic included in the system.
- Two Fields of View (170 & 120 degrees) - The AV-HD records a 120-degree wide angle view in 1080p reducing the fisheye effect, preventing the edges of the video from folding over. When in 720p the AV-HD records a full 170 degree view, great for cockpit shots!
- Stills on-Demand - The AV-HD can take 8 megapixel still pictures with a touch of a button. On demand still's provide stunning images in four times the resolution of full HD video.
- Built-In LCD - The AV-HD features a 2" LCD control unit for setup, playback, and live viewing, so you can know exactly what you’re recording without having to look into a small viewfinder! Why wait until after the flight to see what you did or did not record.
- Simple Playback: Playing back your flight is a simple task. Files are recorded to your SD card which pops-in and pops-out of the AV-HD and almost all laptops. Since the file is recorded as a .MOV file you can play your video with a large amount of media players (Windows Media Player, QuickTime, etc.)
- Wireless Control: Mounting your camera out of reach is no problem when it comes to the AV-HD. Hit start on the wireless remote, go about your flight and then hit stop on remote upon finish. Do not be distracted by your video system, simplicity is the way to go.
- FlightSync Software: GPS, 3D Flight Pattern, Google Earth. Analyze your flight with Flight Path information from your GPS, that coexists with your video. Upload your videos straight to YouTube through FlightSync! *GPS data must be recorded/converted to a KML format in order to import into FlightSync.
How to use:
Mounting of the camera is a snap using the built-in 2.0" LCD and one of the many camera mounts included in the system. A cigarette power plug adapter allows for 12V to 24V DC input from the aircraft, or use one of the two rechargeable Li-Ion batteries included with the AV-HD. Videos can be easily downloaded using the USB cable or straight from an SD card (not included). Video files can be viewed on a PC or a Mac with no special software needed, and can be easily uploaded to YouTube.
- Super Clamp vs. Suction Mount
- Standard G.A. Headset Audio Cable vs. Helicopter Cable
- Aluminum Pro Mount for outside mounting
- High-Quality all in one video system that records point-of-view 1080P HD
- Field-Of-View is up to 170 degrees for wide-angle shots.
- Propeller Filtering Lens System
- Records Video and can Capture Still Pictures
- Approximately 2 Hours Battery Life per Battery
- Vehicle Powered if desired
- 2 Rechargeable Batteries Included
- Approximately 2 Hour Recording Time per 8GB SD Card (Not Included)
- USB data download for quick and easy analysis
- Wireless remote
- 6 foot cable length
- Camera is rugged, water-proof and portable
- LCD is water-resistant
- TV-Out jack for playback or display
- 60-Day Warranty
- Sensor: 5 Megapixel Image Sensor
- Image Measurement: 5 Mega: 2592*1944, 8 Mega: 3200*2400
- Video Format: .MOV (Quicktime)
- 1080P = 1920*1080 (30 fps)
- 720P = 1280*720 (30 fps)
- WVGA = 848*480 (60 fps)
- Screen: 2.0" inch LCD Screen
- Video Output: NTSC/PAL
- Digital Zoom: 4X
- Audio: Built in microphone & speaker, Headset Cable Input
- Storage: Built in 64M internal memory, Supports SD Card external storage (up to 32G) (not included)
- Battery: 2 x High-capacity Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- USB: USB 2.0
What’s in the box:
- High Definition Recorder
- High Definition Camera
- 6' Extension Cable
- Remote Control
- Lens Cover
- Lens Filters
- 2 Rechargeable Batteries
- Recharging Dock and Power Cord
- Cigarette Power Plug
- Carrying Case
- User Manual
- AV Cable
- USB Cable
- Nylon Strap Mount
- Tubular Pedestal Mount
- Headset Pedestal Mount
- Camera Pedestal Mount
- Velcro Strap/ Hook Loop
- Binding Lace
- External Microphone
- Technical Specifications
- Standard 1/4-20 camera thread
- Screw clamp mount
- Holds up to 4 lbs
- 100% adjustable
- Weight: 5.5 oz / 156 grams
- Dimensions: Clamp range: 0 to 1 1/2 inch / 0 to 38 mm (Long Bolt)
- Clamp range: 7/8 to 1 1/2 inch / 22 to 38 mm (Short Bolt)
- Full extension height: 5 1/2 inch / 140 mm
- Compact height: 4 inch / 101 mm
- Width: 3 inch / 76 mm
- Clamp width: 1 inch / 25 mm
- Standard 1/4-20 camera thread
- Locking suction mount
- Holds up to 4 lbs
- 100% adjustable
- Works great when permanent mounting is not an option
- Weight: 9.8 oz / 278 grams
- 3.5 inch / 89 mm diameter suction cup
- 6 inch / 152 mm tall at full extension
Aluminum Pro Mount:
- Designed specifically for high load and high vibration bullet camera mounting, the Aluminum Pro Mount is tough enough for any extreme application.
- The Aluminum Pro Mount wraps around the center of your bullet camera which reduces vibration and creates a solid connection to your standard 1/4-20 camera mount.
- Fits all Bullet Cameras 19-21mm in diameter
- Threaded mounting hole is standard 1/4-20 camera thread input
- Two sets of bolts, stainless steel and black, for securing around Datatoys E580 or other bullet camera
- Includes Allen wrench and urethane camera protector
- Weight: 1.3 oz / 37 grams
- Outer Diameter: 1.5 inch / 38 mm
- Inner diameter: .875 inch / 22 mm
- Thickness: .5 inch / 38 mm
- Best way to record any flight in HD Review by Claude
- Best All-In-One Aviation Camera Review by Bruce