Learning to fly? Not flown for a few years? You'll soon find out that talking on the radio is one of the most important, but least emphasized, skills you need to fly safely in today's busy airspace.
COMM1 VFR Radio Simulator is a proven tool for getting you up to date on communicating professionally with ATC, Flight Service, Flight Watch, and other ground personnel.
You Can Master VFR Communications
Don't let "mic fright" ruin your next flight. Overcome that intimidation or refresh your skills with COMM1 VFR, exchanging actual dialogue with Air Traffic Controllers from the safety of your desktop. This Windows™- and Mac™-based instructional CD-ROM is the closest thing to talking on the cockpit radio that you'll find anywhere.
- Simulate ATC communications in dozens of lessons over the full range of VFR flight situations.
- Master AIM and FAA-approved radio phraseology.
- Prepare for each exercise with narrated briefings.
- Learn to anticipate ATC instructions and sequences in every type of airspace.
Practice Makes Perfect
The only way to become comfortable and proficient talking on the radio is with practice, right? COMM1 VFR has over 6 linear hours of interactive communication training — but you can practice for days and weeks on end, through all kinds of weather. By mastering radio management skills with COMM1 VFR, you'll always be one step ahead of the next radio call.
- Record and playback your own radio calls with interactive audio exercises.
- Operate the on-screen COM 1, COM 2, NAV 1, NAV 2, and audio panel — COMM1 radios tune and respond just like the real thing.
- Simulate emergency radio procedures from the safety of your desktop.
- Access the most widely-used aviation resources for frequencies and communication information from the Airport/Facility Directory, AOPA's Airport Directory and Sectional Charts.
Ever fly around a big chunk of airspace just to avoid talking to ATC? No more. COMM1's instructionally sound curriculum takes you through progressively more complex airspace so that you can feel confident in any environment.
- Use actual aeronautical charts, airport diagrams and other visual aids in over 70 comprehensive lessons and scenarios.
- Talk to ATC and other pilots as you fly through Class B, C, D and TRSA airspace.
- Hear examples of what you are expected to perform in each lesson.
Talk the Talk
If you get tongue-tied when you pick up the mic, then COMM1 will help you untie the knot. Being prepared with what to say, when, and in what order is half the battle when mastering radio communication skills. Practice selecting and saying the correct radio announcements and responses in all types of flight settings.
- Learn when to transmit in the midst of "live" ATC exchanges.
- Receive immediate audio feedback to your recorded radio calls.
- Critique and compare your own radio speech with that of an expert.
- Practice making requests for Radar Flight-Following and Approach/ Departure Clearances.
You Do the Math . . .
Few pilots can afford to log all the hours necessary to concentrate on their radio proficiency in a rental aircraft. COMM1 VFR offers you over 6 hours of self-paced, interactive communication training — that's $450 of dual time at most FBOs — for less than $99.95!
PC Operating System: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista
Screen Display: 800X600, 16 bit color
Avail. space on HD: 6MB
Audio capabilities: Speakers, microphone or Comm 1 Headset
NOTE: This software does NOT currently work on Mac OS X versions above 10.4.9. Please check to make sure your Mac will run this software!
MAC Operating System: MAC OSX 10.4.9
Screen Display: 800X600, thousands of colors
Avail. space on HD: 6MB
Other: Speakers and microphone