ASA's Inspection Authorization Prepware software incorporates the material from the Inspection Authorization Test Prep by Dale Crane, and also includes a PDF of the Inspection Authorization Computer Testing Supplement (CT-8080-8D).
All Inspection Authorization candidates must take and pass the FAA's IA Knowledge Exam. This IA Prepware provides all the information needed to pass the IA Knowledge test, and helps candidates become familiar with the privileges and limitations of this highest level of maintenance certification. Includes an overview of the Inspection Authorization certificate, insights into the function of an IA (the inspections, authorizations, and paperwork that accompany the privileges), and excerpts of the FAA documents IAs rely on in their work.
Inspection Authorization Prepware has the same great features found in all Prepware titles. Numerous study, preparation, practice and evaluation tools are available to help applicants obtain a confident edge before taking the FAA Knowledge Exam. Prepware brings the accuracy and reliability of ASA's industry-leading Test Prep books to your PC or Macintosh computer.
The software includes more than 400 example FAA questions and answer choices, supported with comprehensive explanations. The same reference material applicants will have access to during the actual test is included as a PDF (the "CT-8080-8D"). This way, applicants can become familiar with these documents and learn how to glean the information they need to answer the questions, from such FAA publications as the Airworthiness Directives, Advisory Circulars, Type Certificate Data Sheets, FAA Order 8130.21D, and FAA Form 8130-3.
Windows and Macintosh compatible. 1024 x 768 minimum screen resolution, DVD-ROM drive, mouse or other compatible pointing device. PDF file reader for accessing supplemental support documentation. Product registration is required. Internet access is required for registration as well as program and test question updates.
Windows compatible processor: 800 MHz or faster (Windows XP), 1.0 GHz or faster (Vista and Windows 7). 667 MB available hard drive space. 256 MB System RAM (Windows XP), 512 MB RAM (Vista), 1024 MB (Windows 7), 2048 MB (Windows 8/8.1). Microsoft .Net Framework v4.0. If your system does not have this version of .Net Framework already installed, the Prepware installer will install the correct version befor installing the program.
Macintosh computer with Intel processor: 364 MB available hard drive space. OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), 1024 MB RAM. OS X Lion (10.7), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), OS X Mavericks (10.9) 2048 MB RAM.
Prepware features include:
- Compatible with both PC and Macintosh systems.
- CX-2 electronic flight computer is built into the program, accessed by a click of a button during study sessions or simulated tests.
- Make and save user notes while studying in a Notes field, for annotations and comments as you work.
- “Google”-like search capabilities…search for a word or phrase in the entire database of questions, answers, and explanations.
- Comprehensive and searchable glossary.
- Shuffle the answer stems for a true test of your knowledge.
- Simulates the CATS testing center in screen layout, buttons, program navigation; replicates what you'll see when you take your official FAA exam.
- Performance history reflects individual tests, not just cumulative performance. View a performance graph depicting total score and a score for each subject, as well as review the test (shows your selected answer, the correct answer and explanation).
- Download and automatically update the database each time the FAA releases new or changed questions; also, the free email subscription service keeps you informed anytime a change is made.