This Inspection Authorization Prepware is for the Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) seeking an Inspection Authorization (IA) qualification, as well as for AMT schools preparing students for the IA test. This book provides the information and resources needed to pass the FAA Knowledge Exam and helps IA candidates become familiar with the privileges and limitations of the highest level of maintenance certification.
The IA exam remains a “closed test”—the exact database of questions is not available to the public—which makes the IA Test Prep a great way to prepare for it. The IA exam differs from other FAA exams in that questions do not refer to a specific figure. Instead, applicants must learn to glean the information they need from the FAA Supplement (CT-8080-8) made available for use during the test. The more than 500 sample questions typify those that candidates are likely to encounter, and train readers in the use of the available documents. Answer choices are supported with explanations, with FAA references identified for further study. Online “Reader Resources” provide additional tools for IA applicants.
Prepware brings the accuracy and reliability of ASA's industry-leading Test Prep books to your PC or Macintosh computer. Numerous study, preparation, practice and evaluation tools are available to help applicants obtain a confident edge before taking the FAA Knowledge Exam. This software also provides details on what applicants need to know about the certification process, insight into the function of an IA, and excerpts of regulations, advisory circulars, airworthiness directives, type certificate data sheets, FAA orders and aircraft specifications.
More than 400 example FAA questions and answer choices, supported with comprehensive explanations are included. Realistic test simulation, study and review models, detailed performance graphs, comprehensive study guides and built-in timers give you the confidence you need to ace your FAA exam. Whether you choose to simulate an actual FAA test, or study specific subjects and questions, Prepware has the tools you need.
Also included is the instructor utility, QuizMaker, to generate pop quizzes or exams using actual FAA questions. Quizzes can be of any length and on any specific or combination of subjects or subject matter knowledge codes. You can print exams, student answer sheets, and instructor master correction keys for quick grading, or save the tests so your students can take these electronically.
Inspection Authorization Test Prep is a complete test prep for the IA exam, when used in conjunction with ASA’s FAR-AMT book, and Advisory Circular 43.13-1B and -2B. This dedicated Reader Resources page for the IA Test Prep provides additional helpful resources, as follows:
It is important for you to familiarize yourself with the IA Computer Testing Supplement CT-8080-8D prior to taking your test. A number of questions can be answered by researching the appropriate documentation contained herein.
Section IV of the CT-8080-8D has been updated to include Type Certificate Data Sheets referenced in questions 375a-k (found starting on page 7-17 of the IA Test Prep).
Below are some FAA publications that apply to other study areas for the IA Knowledge Exam questions:
- FAA Order 8130.21F - Procedures for Completion and Use of the Authorized Release Certificate, FAA Form 8130-3, Airworthiness Approval Tag
- Advisory Circular 43.9-1F - Instructions for Completion of FAA Form 337
- Advisory Circular 43-9C - Maintenance Record
- Advisory Circular 43-4a - Corrosion Control for Aircraft
- Advisory Circular 43.13-1B - Acceptable Methods, Techniques, and Practices - Aircraft Inspection and Repair
- Advisory Circular 43.13-2B - Acceptable Methods, Techniques, and Practices - Aircraft Alterations
Prepware IA-8 Features:
- PC and Mac compatible
- More than 500 sample FAA questions are supported with explanations for the correct answer and references for further study.
- Software replicates what you see when taking the official FAA exam.
- Review the questions you missed for an on-track learning program; performance graphs track your overall test scores and results in each subject.
- CX-3 electronic flight computer is built into the program and accessible with a click of a button.
- Includes 24-month subscription to Prepware online, to study from any internet-connected device.
- Make and save notes while you study.
- Download and automatically update the software so you're always using the most current information.
- Google-like search functions locate a word, phrase, or airman test report code in the entire database of questions, answers, and explanations.
- Free email subscription service keeps you informed of test changes.
Does not install on mobile devices like an iPad or Android tablet!
Windows and Macintosh compatible. 1024 x 768 minimum screen resolution, DVD-ROM drive, mouse or other compatible pointing device. PDF file reader for accessing supplemental support documentation. Product registration is required. Internet access is required for registration as well as program and test question updates.
Windows compatible processor, 800 MHz or faster (Windows XP), 1.0 GHz or faster (Vista and Windows 7). 345 MB available hard drive space. 256 MB System RAM (Windows XP), 512 MB RAM (Vista), 1024 MB (Windows 7), 2048 MB (Windows 8/8.1), 4096 MB (Windows 10). Microsoft .Net Framework v4.0. If your system does not have this version of .Net Framework already installed, the Prepware installer will install the correct version before installing the program.
Macintosh computer with Intel processor. 324 MB available hard drive space. OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), 1024 MB RAM. OS X Lion (10.7), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), OS X Mavericks (10.9) 2048 MB RAM, OS X Yosemite (10.10) and El Capitan (10.11) 4096 MB RAM.
ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID. To read eBooks on more than one device, the e-reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. You can obtain an Adobe® Digital Reader by contacting Adobe.
- Author: Dale Crane
- Editor: Terry Michmerhuizen
- ISBN: 9781619547780
- Edition: Eighth
- Dimensions: 5.25" x 7.50"
- Part Number: ASA-TW-IA-8