ASA’s electronic flight computer takes advantage of advances in display and microcomputer technologies for better performance and price. A menu of 34 functions gives users access to 40 aviation calculations, including weight and balance, with these features:
- May be used for FAA and Canadian Exams The CX-2 complies with Advisory Circular (AC) 60-11, Test Aids and Materials that May be Used by Airman Knowledge Testing Applicants. Users may bring the CX-2 with them to the testing centers for all pilot, mechanic, dispatcher, and FAA exams.
- Numerous Aviation Functions Aviators can calculate true airspeed, ground speed, mach number, altitudes, fuel, headings and courses, time/speed/distance, winds, headwind/crosswind components, gliding information, and weight and balance. Users can change variables and recompute without re-entering the whole problem.
- User Friendly The large, easy-to-read LCD screen displays prompts for fast and easy operation. Inputs and outputs are labeled and numbers are displayed with units. The menu organization reflects how a flight is normally planned and executed. This results in a natural flow from one function to the next with a minimum of keystrokes.
- Ergonomic Design The CX-2 features a simple keyboard and slim design. The hard-plastic carrying case protects the computer inside the flight bag, and fits on the back of the unit for storage while the computer is in use.
- Unit Conversions The CX-2 has 16 unit conversions, including reciprocal conversions for nautical and statute miles, nautical miles and kilometers, feet and meters, pounds and kilograms, gallons and liters, time in H:M:S and decimal formats, Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures, and millibars and inches of mercury.
- Timers and Clocks The CX-2 has two timers: a stopwatch that counts up, and a count down timer. The internal clock displays both local and UTC time and will keep time with the calculator turned off.
- Interactive Functions Functions can be used together in “chain” calculations, where the answer to a preceding problem is automatically entered into subsequent problems. Standard mathematical calculations and conversions can be performed within each aviation function.
- The CX-2 uses four AAA batteries (included), and
- Features a 5-year warranty.